The Excalibur J is a significant step forward in rod dynamics and incorporates exclusive technology – both in the tip and butt section. Century’s well established Autoclave Technology, Gearbox Design and AT-T (anti twist technology) is complimented by a new HPR resin technology primarily in the tip section. The outcome and benefit is a significant reduction in the tip weight, greater toughness and a very fast tip recovery to neutral after the casting cycle.
The Excalibur J is built and designed to accommodate an angler who will require good performance both on the cast and retrieve without necessarily digging deep down in the power storage areas of the butt: the design is undoubtedly capable at long range for those that require it but it compliments an angler with a reasonable overhead, OTG or Brighton style casting technique, who wishes to fish medium ranges without reverting to full pendulum. The rod will prescribe a curve that effectively delivers a longer length and thus positive leverage when moderately compressed compared with a rod at maximum compression. When fully compressed the energy storage and release is dramatic. The new technology in the tip increases tip recovery and more efficiently translates effort into tip speed. The speed of recovery has been a consistent remark by all that have fished the Excalibur J.
When fishing the tip responds brilliantly to taught line bites and even sulky fish that just sit motionless will eventually give rattle indications which can easily be detected. The super slim diameter is stable in high winds and the low moment of inertia makes match style – repetitive cast and retrieve – much less tiring.
- Gearbox Design butt and Autoclave Technology
- HPR advanced composite tip
- Blank colour: 1K-1Kcarbon twill – upper butt: unground UD carbon tip
- Factory Finish: Fuji Titanium K Guides
- Tied in Royal Blue metallic and Deep Blue
- Marine grade etched stainless steel trim bands – upper and lower butt
- Japanese shrink rubber (JSR) handle
- JSR rubber separator grip on lower tip and upper butt
- 3M Reflective tape between top two guides
- Century carbon reducer available as optional extra
- Century / Fuji DPS sliding reel seat – coaster not needed, locks to blank just by tightening Fuji hood
- Century partition rod case
|Length||Casting Ratio||Butt Length||Tip Length||Butt Diameter*||Guides||Reducer*||Rod Bag||Price|
||3½ - 7oz
||Fuji Titanium K
*Butt Diameter - blank surface at logo
*Reducer - "Opt" means a reducer can be bought as an optional extra. "No" means that the rod is not suited for use with a reducer